Date(s) - May 7, 2022
Smiling Hill Farm
About this event
Part yoga, part goat snuggling, all smiles!
The Goat Yoga you know and love (still) with safety protocols to keep everyone healthy!
Enjoy Goat Yoga led by Ashley Flowers, at Smiling Hill Farm. Smiling Hill Farm has baby goats and mama goats that will romp around in the pen with us during our yoga class. DRESS FOR THE WEATHER 🙂 Bring a mat/towel or practice on the grass. Picture taking, laughing, and goat petting are all encouraged!
Each session will start with 15 min of goat snuggles, followed by an hour of yoga, completed with another 15 minutes of goat holding and snuggling! Option to grab some tasty treats from the Ice Cream Barn while you’re at the farm.
All-levels, beginner friendly yoga classes!
Protocols for Community Health
- Masks are no longer required for yoga but are recommended if you want to go into the Ice Cream barn.
- 25 people per class (everyone who comes with you must be signed up for class).
- Do not attend if you are experiencing COVID symptoms.
Are there minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Yes. Adults and mature teens (12+) welcome! If you would like to bring a younger child consider booking a private class!
What about bad weather?
- Class is rain or shine! In the event of inclement weather, we will hold class in the birthday barn or the hay barn!
Can I cancel or switch to a different date?
- Prior to 24 hours before the start of class, you may cancel your ticket for a refund (less eventbrite fees), transfer your registration to a different date, or receive a credit for a future class. Transfer instructions here.
- No cancellations within 24 hours.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- Email email@example.com for more information.
Where can I see more photos?
- Search #goatyogaME on any social media platform. Use it to post your pictures after class!
Where should I wear?
- We will be outside, so wear clothes that will be comfortable in the current temperature. Sturdy shoes are great if you want to take a stroll around the barnyard before class starts. It never hurts to have an extra layer in case you get chilly, especially in the winter classes. Sunglasses or hats are great in the summer months.
I want to send someone a gift card to Goat Yoga, can I do that?
- Yup! Pop on over to my website and you can buy gift cards that are redeemable on eventbrite from there 🙂
Smiling Hill Farm
Smiling Hill Farm is a 500-acre working Dairy farm and an agricultural oasis in Greater Portland. This year the farm is celebrating their 300th anniversary as a continually operating farm!
Work on the farm is done in a way that is sensitive to the environment. Milk is bottled in reusable glass bottles, whey is collected from cheese production to feed pigs, no chemical fertilizers are used in the fields, and the farm is actively exploring alternative forms of energy.
When visiting the farm you can enjoy some quality animal time in the barnyard and delicious ice cream and dairy products from our cows. Barnyard is open daily from 10a-5p (there is a fee to visit the animals). Ice cream barn is open 10-8 for purchases of Ice Cream Treats, Milk, Cheese, Butter, Eggs, Yogurt, Ice Cream Pints, Frozen Meats and more. Lunch Café open 11-3.
“Each action we take impacts the environment not only for our lifetime, but for the lifetimes of our children and grandchildren. We pride ourselves on the care we take to minimize our impact on the environment and to contribute to its stability and diversity.”